Re: other/6903: gcc could give better error message when /tmp gets full

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 12:34:20AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:

> merry$ gcc -Wall -Werror -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -I.  -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 Test.c -o Test
> cc1: /tmp/ccb04872: I/O error
>
> This happened repeatedly when /tmp filled up during compilation (Test.c is
> over a megabyte long)...  A better error message might mention "device
> full" or some such.

GCC is at the mercy of the operating system here; if it chooses to set
errno to EIO instead of ENOSPC on a disk-full condition, and therefore
strerror() returns "I/O error" instead of "Out of space on device", we
can't do much about that.  (Or anyway I can't think of anything.
Suggestions are welcome.)

zw