GCC 3.1?

[ I'm not subscribed to the list; please include me on any replies ]

The NetBSD/i386 port is currently starting life; while there is a set of
patches to GCC 2.95.2 to enable building on NetBSD, they have some issues
and aren't really suitable for long-term (IE, non-bootstrapping) use. The
current CVS HEAD has NetBSD support in place, but as far as I'm aware, this
won't make it back into the 3.0 releases, only 3.1; thus, I was wondering
if there is any intention of having a gcc-3.1 package (and probably the
associated updates to gcc-defaults).

If not, I can roll one by hand for the port, of course, and we'll work on
it with that (I already have a significant chunk of it done, in fact, by
starting from the current gcc-3.0 base and replacing the tarball, removing
the patches that have been applied upstread), but I wanted to know if this
was likely to show up at any point.

On behalf of the NetBSD port, thank you all for your time.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/