Re: Debian crosscompiler packages

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:55:45AM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:

> P.S. Here is a script I wrote to get the libc6 and libc6-dev packages
> for dpkg-cross - there must be an easier way?

OK, i've now make a new release that includes this script of yours as well
as a desccription on how to use it. I also made a new README.cross file for
the gcc3 source pkg that's not much mor than a reference to the
documenattion (it seems lite a waste of time keeping two documents up to
date). That file is attatched.

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan/
How to build a cross compiler package

Cross-compiler packages are no long built from this package. Instead
each cross-compiler has it's own source package, which can be more or
less automatically created. They Build-Depend on the toolchain-source
package, which contains the source code of both binutils and gcc as
well as some scripts to create and update cross-compiler packages.

The tpkg-make script is used to create one binutils and one gcc
package that are ready to build, but might need some customisation in
order to succeed. The process is described in the README file of
toolchain-source:

  /usr/share/doc/toolchain-source/README

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan/