Re: javac

Santiago Vila writes:
> Is there any particular reason why gcj does not set up a symlink
> javac -> gcj using the alternatives mechanism, as jikes used to do before
> Bug #43730 was reported?

an alternative should only be provided, if a reasonable set of options
match. Unfortunately the options for gcj and javac are rather
disjunct. For java/gij, Stephen Zander provided a wrapper script. I'd
happy to include such a script for javac/gcj as well.

> ( The new gettext-0.11 checks for a java compiler named "javac" but it
>   does not find "gcj". I'm not sure who exactly to blame for this :-)

everybody knowing of this and not writing a wrapper could be blamed ;-)