Re: Debian crosscompiler packages

* Hakan Ardo (hakan@debian.org) wrote:
> Hi,
> new versions of toolchain-source gcc-avr and binutils-avr have now been
> released fixing some problems:

Hi Hakan,
  I've just spent a little time playing about with your toolchain-source
package on my Debian/unstable/Athlon system.

summary
-------
All binutils seem to build happily
Gcc's are a lot more of a problem

I successfully built
alpha-linux,arm-linux,cris-linux,hppa-linux,ia64-linux,m68k-linux,
mips-linux,mipsel-linux, powerpc-linux, s390-linux, sh-linux,
and sparc-linux  binutils - good going!

gcc:

  alpha-linux - failed to build with an error 'no data mode for mode
  'TI'' - I reported that recently on the gcc bugs list and I beleive it
  has been recently fixed.

  arm-linux - failed because it wanted a pthread.h (host has this)

  cris-linux - not supported

  hppa-linux - fails building print-rtl.c 'FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER' undeclared (in
  gcc/hard-reg-set.h)

  ia64-linux - same problem as alpha

  m68k-linux - Fails near the end because it wants a crti.o while making the
  libgcc_s.o shared library

  mips-linux - as m68k

  mipsel-linux - as m68k

  powerpc-linux - Fails, wants signal.h and sys/ucontext.h

  s390-linux - as m68k

  sparc-linux - as m68k

OK - so most of these look like they are after bits of libc and
associated stuff; is it appropriate to use dpkg-cross to get these?
I guess appropriate instructions for that should go into your
toolchain-source README.

Is it intended that I use

tpkg-make alpha-linux

or should I be using

tpkg-make alpha

It is just that I end up getting binutils with names like

alpha-linux-linux-as

(Hmm I must make a script to do all those combos.....)

Thanks,

Dave
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /