Re: problems installing gcc 3.0.2 Debian package on Potato

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 09:57:43PM -0500, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> Dear Gcc People,
>
> The following item appears in the changelog.
>
> gcc (2.95.2-16) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * debian/control.in: Add awk to Build-Depends.
>     Tighten libc6-dev dependency for libstdc++-dev (fixes #73031,
>     #72531, #72534).
>
> I am trying to compile the gcc-2.95 (2.95.4.ds6) package from
> testing/unstable on potato, where libc6-dev is 2.1.3-19. The control file
> requires that libc6-dev >= 2.1.95, which presumably is what this item in
> the changelog refers to. Is this Ok or not? I looked at the bug reports
> and it was not clear whether it would be or not. I am hoping it is. I've
> changed the control file entry to simply libc6-dev and am going ahead with
> compilation.

Your subject line is misleading. Are you compiling 2.95, or 3.0? Either
way, you will have some issues to contend with concering libstdc++. Not
sure what they are, or how to get around them, but they will be there.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \