Re: GNAT and GCC

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Matthias Klose wrote:

> you can turn off any language in the debian/rules files you want. or
> do you argue that a bootstrap would fail, if no ada compiler already
> exists for the platform?

If my understanding of how they're accomplishing the merge is correct, it
can be disabled easily at configure-time, like any other front-end.  I'm a
bit worried about porting the frontend, though, given my history with "the
old GNAT" so far.  So, I think I share Daniel's hesitance.  It may not be
terribly justified, but I suppose I am a little gunshy about GNAT right
now since I can't get it to work on Alpha for the life of me.