Re: GNAT and GCC

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:05:16PM +0200, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> Dear GCC maintainer,
>
> GNAT (the Ada compiler) sources are currently being checked in in the
> GCC 3.0 tree. It would probably make sense for the GCC team to take over
> the packaging of GNAT on Debian. I can help if needed.

No, that's not correct.  They're being checked in to the GCC 3.1 tree;
GNAT is not a candidate for 3.0.2, unless I'm badly mistaken.  So we
won't be seeing Ada in GCC tarballs for a while yet (next April or so).

I'm also very reluctant to package Ada at the same time as the main GCC
snapshots because it requires Ada installed to build.  Others might
argue with me on that point, though.