working around gcc bugs.

Hello,

My PARI package has the bad habits of breaking compiler. Worse
of all, problems are often run-time and not compile-time.

Currently on hppa, arm and ia64 gcc-2.95 cannot build working binaries,
but gcc-3.0 work.

So should I force the package to be build with gcc-3.0 on these archs ?
And in this case, what is the proper way of doing it ?

For example,I can use arch-specific build-dependencies and explicitely specify
CC=gcc-3.0 for compiling on these archs.

What is the best solution ?

Thanks in advance,

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>