Re: Building PIC fortran libraries?

> hmm, it's easy to build a libg2c-pic.a library. So I will do this
> instead of building the standard library with pic. Building a shared
> library would introduce a incompatibility to other distros.

Matthias,

This might be an issue -- because a generic invocation of g77 won't know
library to link in, libg2c.a or libg2c-pic.a .... (i.e. things like pdl
will need a debian-specific change from upstream to build on debian)

or am i missing something?

if you are building separate libraries anyway, is it difficult to just
build non-pic libg2c.a and pic libg2c.so ?

thanks,
randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>