g77

Two problems

   Redhad Linux 7.1  (Sawfish)  I just chose "upgrade .."
   Linux kernel    2.4.9  (as far as I remember)

   g77   (egc nr ??? ...,   the project contains also  c-files,  io is
controlled by c-files.).

 1.  Fortran 77 error
===============

     It seems that Ichar now results a signed integer.  It is probably
related to integer (kind=1) ...

    This disrupts  my "parsing tables".

    -funsigned-chr   does not seem to work.

2.   Large_Files
============

      In a sample c-program it seemed to be enough to define
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
      (I did not define _LARGE_FILE_SOURCE.)

above does not
      seem to work