ash vs. gcc-3.0

	I was looking into the gcc-3.0 vs. ash problem and a google
search found this bug report on the Debian system.  Although this bug
has apparently been closed, I don't see an actual resolution of the
problem anywhere.  If there is a fix for it, I would appreciate
knowing.  I am not a Debian person, so please excuse my ignorance of
your procedures.

	If this problem actually has not been fixed, here is some
additional information that you may find helpful:

	1. This problem occurs for me on x86, so it is not specific to
	   the SPARC platform that the person who submitted the Debian
	   version of this bug happened to be using.

	2. The reports of other programs segfaulting under ash are
	   incorrect.  The segfaults occur after ash has forked a child
	   process but before it execs the target program, at a point
	   where ash appears to be doing some funny stack manipulations.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."