Re: Possible problems again with alpha and the fsirl patch (fwd)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I don't get it.  Are you getting an ICE or a segfault in binutils?

Segfault when I run 'strip -g' twice on the same binary (usually an object
file from an ar archive).   Any readelf/objcopy/etc on that file after
the first run of strip segfaults as well.  Files compiled with gcc-3.0 are
fine.

> What's wrong with DWARF?

I *believe* it's DWARF, but I'm not totally sure.  I've combed the patches
made to binutils over the past two months (since my last upload) and
couldn't find ANYTHING that could cause this.

Basically, a stripped object file seems to have it's .debug_line section
removed, but the relocs and symbols remain with bogus info in their
structures.  Older gcc's put debugging info partially in the .comment
section, IIRC, so that never happens...