Possible problems again with alpha and the fsirl patch (fwd)

Oops...forgot to cc the list :-P

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:10:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Christopher C. Chimelis <chris@debian.org>
To: Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: Possible problems again with alpha and the fsirl patch

I just spent at least two hours trying to debug a segfault with a binutils
version that I'm packaging.  About 10 mins ago, I tried compiling with
gcc-3.0 and the segfault went away.  From what I gather, it's the DWARF
output causing problems, which is only modified (for non-arch-specific
files) by the fsirl patch.  I can't tell for sure (yet) if that's the
problem since I'm still recompiling gcc without the patch to find out, but
it's almost definite that the dwarf output is what's causing the problem.

I'll keep you posted...just wanted to let you know that I'm investigating
a problem and that it is probably gcc-related (2.95.4).