[f.routier@wanadoo.fr: Accented chars are replaced by ?'s]

Bonjour à tous,

j'ai déjà posté ce message sur debian-user mais sans succès. Peut-être
quelqu'un ici peut-il m'aider ?

Merci d'avance (et désolé pour le message en anglais).

Le lun, 12 mar 2001 11:07:33, franck routier a écrit :

Hi,

I use unstable (latest upgrade) in my box and have the following problem :

french accented characters are replaced by ? in some places, or just make
the rest of the text be ignored :

1) é à è, ... are replaced by ? in gnome-terminals
2) titles are troncated in window titles under sawfish/gnome (for example,
control center should show up as 'Centre de contrôle' and gives 'Centre de
contr')

On the other hand, everything is fine in gnome menus, in gtk buttons, ...

I have LANG=fr_FR set in /etc/environment.

Has anyone a clue on what it comes from ?

Franck