plip connexion

Anthony GARZIANO writes:
 > Salut !
 >
 > je cherche à utiliser plip.
 > Les 2 pc concernés trouvent bien les bons device et avec un:
 > ifconfig plip0 ip1 pointopoint ip2 up
 > d'un côté et:
 > ifconfig plip0 ip2 pointopoint ip1 up
 > de l'autre côté les deux bécanes active bien la connexion.
 > Lorsque dans le peur sonne l'heure du test c'est à dire un ping j'ai pour
 > seul réponse un:
 > transmition: plip timeout
 >
 > Quelqu'un a une idée ? Je précise que le câble marche.
 >
 > Salut !

Une idée: le port parallèle d'une des machines n'est pas bien
configuré. Ça peut se changer dans le BIOS.

  $ more /usr/doc/HOWTO/unmaintained/mini/PLIP
  = My link is up, but ping fails. I receive the following message from the
    kernel:       plip1: timed out (1, 89)
  - This means that the "your side of the link" is working, your machine
    sends the signal, but the "other side" isn't answering for the following
    reasons:
    . The cable isn't plugged properly or is broken or is wrong.
    . The "other side" machine has not PLIP up.
    . You are linked with a notebook with a not proper parallel port, see
      next question.

  = I have installed the PLIP connection but if I ping I get 100% data loss.
    I connected my desktop with a notebook.
  - Some notebook's parallel ports aren't good for PLIP, because they are
    only "printer ports", i.e. they can only transmit but not receive the
    data. So far I don't know if there is a way to make them work.
    The only hope is:
    . Look at your notebook setup, perhaps there is a way to configure
      the parallel port as a parallel port instead of a printer port.
    . Try plip mode 0. Alas I don't know how to do it and/or if it works
      or is still available in the last kernels.