Re: Resultats du test

On mar, jui 13, 1999 at 09:19:05 +0200, Adrien Dessemond wrote:

> > Une fois les 15000 utilisateurs créés, l'ajoute d'un utilisateur
> > supplémentaire se fait en combien de temps?
>
> Test avec le DX/33 (mais ce ne sera surement pas significatif, la
> machine est pire qu'une limace : un disque ultra lent, sur les rotules
> cote memoire...). un user add d'un 12480 (et des poussieres) user me
> prend 35 secondes.

Vu récemment sur freshmeat :

PDAddUser is a tool that will add large amounts of users to your server
from a simple list of full names (like Peter Davis, Joe Schmoe, etc). It
will create user names (pdavis, jschmoe, etc), random passwords, and
assign each user to a group and home directory. It then runs any 3rd
party program with those things as arguments, allowing for unlimited
customization and usability.

Je n'ai pas testé, mais ça peut peut-être accélérer les choses...

Olivier
--
We can found no scientific discipline, nor a healthy profession on the
technical mistakes of the Department of Defense and IBM.