[Freedombox-discuss] Help getting hardware in EU

Hello Tomas,

Let me start by saying that although I have limited experience with Freedombox, I'm replying since I have an Olimex Lime2 board you speak of. I'd choose the regular LIME2 with eMMC. Not the micro or nand versions. I can recommend it. It's fully capable and open in design. I successfully installed and configured an install of Freedombox.
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2/open-source-hardware

Olimex has great shipping service. It came to me across the globe in a few days.
They sell everything you need for the LIME2. A case, power supply, heatsink, etc.

I do not use wireless with the LIME2, but you should have success with a wireless adapter that has an Atheros chipset like the ones listed at Think Penguin.
I needed a second NIC, so I purchased (Amazon) an Edimax USB ethernet adapter with the Atheros chipset. Works out of the box - Blob free.

Hope this helps.
If the Freedombox thing doesn't work out, you can always use the hardware for other fun projects.

Good luck,

Tom