[Freedombox-discuss] boot partition full

Am Samstag, den 07.01.2017, 12:17 +0530 schrieb Sunil Mohan Adapa:

> On 01/07/2017 05:43 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> [...]
> >> So it is still booting the 4.3 kernel, which is unknown to aptitude.
> >
> > Seems your hardware is ARM-based.  Commonly ARM-based hardware need the
> > package flashkernel to copy installed kernel + initramfs to the
> > different (hardware-specific) location where the bootloader looks for
> > it.
>
> Indeed you need flash-kernel package.
>
> If you have boot.cmd instead of boot.scr and also don't have
> flash-kernel package, you must upgrading and running a FreedomBox image
> from many releases ago.
>
> To fix the situation,
>
> 1. Take backup of your SD card.
>
> 2. Make sure /boot is ext2fs and not vfat.
>
> 3. Install flash-kernel.  This will create the proper /boot/boot.scr
> file with a line like "setenv fk_kvers '4.8.0-2-armmp-lpae'".
>
> 4. Optionally set /etc/flash-kernel/machine to "Olimex
> A20-OLinuXino-LIME2" (depending on your board).  This should not be
> required as flash-kernel will properly detect the machine when you are
> running it from within the machine.
>
> 4. Move /boot/boot.cmd to /boot/boot.cmd.bak.
>
> 5. Reboot and check that boot happens properly.
>
> If you already have flash-kernel package and /boot/boot.scr, then simply
> moving /boot/boot.cmd should fix the situation.

Thanks Jonas, Sunil. flash-kernel was indeed missing. However,
installing, moving boot.cmd did not help, I am still in 4.3.0 (checked
with uname -r), boot.cmd was not newly generated. I realize that the
file boot.scr has some non-readable characters at the beginning, this
was actually already the case before:

> ...:/boot$ cat boot.scr
> 'V=??V????#?Bi?setenv mmcdev 0
> setenv mmcpart 1
>
> setenv mmcroot /dev/mmcblk0p2 ro
> setenv mmcrootfstype btrfs rootwait fixrtc
> setenv mmcrootflags subvol=@
>
> setenv console ttyS0,115200n8
>
> setenv kernel_file vmlinuz-4.3.0-1-armmp-lpae
> setenv initrd_file initrd.img-4.3.0-1-armmp-lpae
> setenv fdtfile sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime.dtb

Should I move also boot.scr, then reinstall flash-kernel and restart?

Dietmar