[Freedombox-discuss] connection/firewall problem with privoxy

> # James Valleroy writes:
> If your FreedomBox is behind a router (i.e. not publicly accessible from
> the Internet), then yes, typically you will want the "FreedomBox WAN"
> connection to be in the internal zone.
>
> Currently the default configuration is like this:
> - If there is only one network interface, then it is internal.
> - If there is more than one interface, the first one is external, and
> the others are internal.
>
> Basically in the first case we assume the FreedomBox is behind a router,
> and in the second case we assume the FreedomBox is replacing a router.

My freedombox has one physical network cable plugged in, is behind a router,
and is not publicly accessible. (I did have OpenVPN enabled, with my router
port-forwarding 1194 to the freedombox, but I've disabled that.)

Maybe what happened is:

- I enabled OpenVPN, which caused "FreedomBox WAN" to go to zone external;
- I disabled OpenVPN, and "FreedomBox WAN" was incorrectly left in zone
  external, leaving networking in an inconsistent state.

That's fine, I can manually return FreedomBox WAN to zone internal:

  [freedombox]$ firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=internal --add-interface=enp1s0
  The interface is under control of NetworkManager, setting zone to 'internal'.
  success

And now nc can connect, and the firewall works.

Thanks for the assistance!
-Aaron