[Freedombox-discuss] tt-rss update problem

On 09/10/2016 07:19 AM, dgj+lists at systemli.org wrote:
> Specifically, these are the configuration questions in abbreviated
> form. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Step (1): I select yes.
>
> "Configure database for tt-rss with dbconfig-common?"
>
> <Yes>

Ok.

> Step (2): Which should I choose: new host or localhost? (I selected
> localhost and went to the next steps.)
>
> "Please select the remote hostname to use, or select "new host" to
> enter a new host.
>
> Host name of the PostgreSQL database server for tt-rss:
>
> new host
> localhost"

localhost is correct.

> Step (3): Via the Plinth interface the password was the same as for
> Plinth. Should I use that here? (I tried that.)
>
> "Please provide a password for tt-rss to register with the database
> server. If left blank, a random password will be generated.
>
> If you are using "ident" authentication, the supplied password will
> not be used and can be left blank. Otherwise, PostgreSQL access may
> need to be reconfigured to allow password-authenticated access.
>
> PostgreSQL application password for tt-rss:"

My tt-rss has a random db password, so you can leave it blank or set it
if you wish. The important part is that $dbpass in
/etc/tt-rss/database.php matches what you set here.

> Step (4): I assume apache2.
>
> "Please choose the web server that should be automatically configured
> to run Tiny Tiny RSS.
>
> Web server to reconfigure automatically:
>
> [*] apache2
> [ ] lighttpd"

Correct.

> Step (5): Should this be e.g., https://name.freedombox.rocks/tt-rss?
> If not, what should I put here?
>
> "Please enter the URL that should be used to access tt-rss with a web
> browser.
>
> Full URL of the tt-rss installation:"

We use http://localhost/tt-rss/. This is not a good setting though,
because some features like bookmarklets won't work correctly. You can
set it to a more specific domain name if you have one.

--
James