[Freedombox-discuss] Intel Compute Stick

Hi Melvin,

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2015-01-13 10:57:04)
> I was wondering if this could be a candidate for a freedom box device?
>
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html
>
> Rumoured to be around $150

To me it is unsuitable for a FreedomBox: It lacks ethernet.

Adding USB-based ethernet is not an option IMO: Quality of that is bad.
We have plenty of good options, so I see no reason to consider bad ones.

How do you find this option better than (or on par with) the 59
currently at <https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware>?

Is it that architecture is AMD64?  Is it the confidence that Intel is a
big company?  Is it the form factor?  Or perhaps you see it as a
_benefit_ that it does not include ethernet?  Why do you suggest it?

 - Jonas

P.S.

Also, I have not yet seen this device generally for sale anywhere.