[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki content proposals

On 2015-10-31 22:43, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Philippe Baret]

> I recommend handling translations using po files.  It is the method we
> use with Debian Edu, and it allow us to know when the original changes
> and which paragraphs need to be updates when it does.
>
> See
> >
> for a description of the process I have in mind.  We can even upload
> the
> pot file to transifex.com and allow translators to use a web browser to
> update the .po files. Is this the process you have in mind to handle
> the
> translation of the documentation?

Petter,

i have a goal in mind regarding translated manual, it is experiencing
open content. Being not familiar to Debian and free software culture, I
understand that most of the time it is not magical and demands efforts,
that a few are doing a lot, the openness leaving opportunities to
unexpected contributions. I don't know.

Another criterious : the manuel is in development, seeking content for
both users and developers. According to FreedomBox goal, easyness for
users is very important. It can (may be) lead to creativity, that is
what the following document intends to do with a fragmented shape :
https://wiki.debian.org/fr/FreedomBox/Manuel

Regarding Plinth, translation has started on Github
https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/tree/bcb26cc52c9048501e3cfa1098de98df4a4b75af/locale
It may need later transifex.com or traditionnal debian translation tools
(that i am not fully aware of, i'll check), if the process is more
crowded with more langages going, i am not in the decision process here

Philippe