[Freedombox-discuss] Trouble Building Raspberry Pi Image

Chris Troutner writes:

> ...to add curl like this:
>
> # Packages to install in all FreedomBox environments
> base_pkgs="apt base-files ifupdown initramfs-tools \
> logrotate module-init-tools netbase rsyslog udev debian-archive-keyring curl"
>
> Did I edit the right line? Did I edit it correctly?

That should work fine.  If curl ends up on a line by itself, end the
previous line with a "\", just like the line that ends with
"initramfs-tools" does.

> Again, the image built and appears fine, but the Raspberry Pi does not
> boot.
>
> I uploaded my freedombox.log file here: http://pastebin.com/rswEZVtm
> I uploaded the screen log here: http://pastebin.com/v0aEa6y9

What do you get from the SD card itself?  Try following these
instructions [0] from linuxquestions.org to enable boot logging and then
post that file:

    go to /etc/default/ and look for (or create) a file named
    "bootlogd".  Inside that file add/ change a line so it reads
    "BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes".  The next time you reboot you will have your
    boot messages saved in the file "/var/log/boot".

In summary, on the SD card's /etc/default/bootlogd:

    BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

> I'm starting to suspect there may be an issue with my build
> environment.

vmdebootstrap should handle all of that.  I'm building and booting
images from Wheezy, so I'd be surprised if that were the issue.

> Has anyone been able to successfully build and boot a Raspberry Pi
> image in the last couple weeks?  I'd like to rule out if the issues
> I'm having are isolated to me, or if they are more general in nature.

I'll give it a go this weekend and let you know.

Nick

0: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/where-is-the-boot-log-in-debian-sarge-197688/