[Freedombox-discuss] Plinth as the front page for FreedomBox
Currently, if someone visits their FreedomBox as http://freedombox/ they
are shown jwchat interface. This has the following problems:
- JWChat is only a small part of FreedomBox
- Other services available such as /owncloud and not easy to discover
- Even Plinth which should help a user discover various services is
hidden under /plinth
I propose that Plinth be the first entry point into all the FreedomBox
services. This can be implemented as the dashboard work being done by
@fonfon in #20 (with improvements). This approach has several advantages:
- FreedomBox gets a better looking front page
- Each service that is implemented in Plinth can choose to expose
various interfaces properly
- Enabling and disabling services in Plinth will reflect changes
properly in the front page.
- Plinth will be able to show the status and health of the FreedomBox
and request user intervention.
In order to make this happen, we need the following:
- Finish the dashboard #20.
- Have the Plinth UI look lighter and more like a portal than a Admin
- Change FreedomBox setup configuration to redirect to (or directly
serve) Plinth: 772919
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature