[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Sending All Traffic Over Tor?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Nick Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks, since we now support running Tor bridges on boxes, is it
> time to send all the box's traffic over Tor?

Since we now have a UI that we can use to configure settings, lets try
setting all traffic to go through Tor by default.  Users who don't want
this feature can selectively disable it.  To do that, we'll need a few
more infrastructure pieces in place:

1. iptables support (yet another cross-cutting concern).
2. privoxy configuration to route connections through Tor.
3. Tor module for Plinth (allow enabling/disabling Tor routing).

That'll configurably give users significantly more privacy by default. :)

Anybody want to contribute a module or two to Plinth [0] or
FreedomBox-Setup [1]?

Nick

0: github.com/nickdaly/plinth

1: github.com/petterreinholdtsen/freedombox-setup