[Freedombox-discuss] How efficient is the freedombox privoxy?

Here's a relevant upstream bug (from 2012):

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3539129&group_id=11118&atid=211118

(Side note: Interesting tracking using HTTP etags:
http://lucb1e.com/rp/cookielesscookies/ - there are probably limits on
how anonymous we can make ourselves without breaking caching.  In my
browser, the uniquely identifying factor is the list of system fonts,
so who knows how far we'll have to take this!)

An easy first step could be to ensure that the user-agent header is
being replaced with something "ordinary".  This will potentially break
sites using useragent sniffing.

FreedomBox's privoxy takes the normal privoxy tarball, and adds a
bunch of rules taken from HTTPS Everywhere and Adblock Plus.  I am
concerned that these changes are not yet in a form where they can be
included as patches in Debian's privoxy package.