[Freedombox-discuss] Which mesh system should be included in the Freedombox?

Hello all.

My .002btc:

While there is tremendous potential in the idea of a decentralized material
network of freedomboxen, I don't think it makes sense to try to collapse the
functionality into a single device at this time. Certainly doable, but at this
point, a huge amount of work has gone into making mesh platforms run well on
openwrt, that it probably makes sense to simple bundle two devices together.
This is the idea of the FreedomNode. Isolate the network components into a
seperate device, provide v6 connectivity to the box, and voila.

We've been working with folks from guifi.net, altermundi, ninux, and some other
networks to build a firmware. There are many options. At the end of the day, I'm
not sure it makes sense to try to bundle the funcationality into fbx at this
time.

imw