[Freedombox-discuss] Software as Data, Transformation as a Service
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Software as Data, Transformation as a Service
- From: email@example.com (Melvin Carvalho)
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:31:36 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] CAKaEYhLBr7HO0k0oPzXy_ej_n8UTDD_o1e0q93Yc_Z4SKEGy9A@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|4a323e0f26f58e252b37b964bf8abe94oA0F7E02ds|ecs.soton.ac.uk|3DBBA94F-619C-4614-AD6F-245B1FC236BE@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
- References: <09CD8010-A1A1-4DD3-8CD0-C0C5218D5A33@ecs.soton.ac.uk> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <EMEW3|38137deae3952a289fa2f4667ed14281o851KB02ds|ecs.soton.ac.uk|09CD8010-A1A1-4DD3-8CD0-C0C5218D5A33@ecs.soton.ac.uk> <3DBBA94F-619C-4614-AD6F-245B1FC236BE@ecs.soton.ac.uk> <[🔎] CAKaEYh+NU6KFHZK8gYRfy2AxG19-Y6jHVhr_-qNmZFtHR7Cgemail@example.com> <EMEW3|4a323e0f26f58e252b37b964bf8abe94oA0F7E02ds|ecs.soton.ac.uk|3DBBA94F-619C-4614-AD6F-245B1FC236BE@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
On 1 November 2012 16:07, Dr. Daniel Alexander Smith <ds at ecs.soton.ac.uk>wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2012, at 14:45, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just touching base on this. We just spent 3 very productive days at TPAC
> with, among others, timbl and alex bertalis, who reliably informs us that
> he coined the term "WebBox".
> I was wondering your thoughts about working with the guidelines of the
> upcoming REC track, Linked Data Platform , which is being developed by
> Alex and others.
> I think in the case of freedombox it would be desireable to have not only
> a web identity but to tie it to GPG, which is something I've already done
> some work on.
> Would love to know your thoughts.
>  http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter.html
> I had a look at your link, but I have hardly any W3C experience, so I'm
> struggling to understand what you'd like my thoughts on.
> In terms of working within its scope, it's difficult to say. I'm leaning
> heavily towards working with a single form of JSON-LD (specifically the
> "expanded" form), and putting all of my effort towards that, rather than
> turtle or xml/rdf etc. Similarly, we're finding sticking to REST is really
> The charter does mention JSON-LD, so hopefully they'll make something that
> developers who like JSON will understand and want to use.
That's a fair comment. I guess I'm trying to work out how aligned WebBox
and Linked Data are likely to be, moving forward for things like HTTP
GET/PUT/POST/DELETE/PATCH. Sort of interested in a heads up on the
direction you are currently thinking of taking things architecturally.
I think LDP will be compatible with JSON-LD but sets the baseline at turtle.
There's a few JSON candidates for linked data right now, tho JSON-LD has
the most work being done. Tho one is much the same as another so long as
you add a content type you are fine.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...