[Freedombox-discuss] ikiwiki, foundation website
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] ikiwiki, foundation website
- From: me at seandiggity.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:07:36 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Not quite sure who I should be directing this to so I'll just ask
Regarding the new foundation website theme -
Can we set up a separate branch of ikiwiki for theme changes, before
pushing to the main foundation website/wiki?
I'm not sure if this is even necessary, because by default I would be
pushing changes from my cloned repo to the bare repo:
However, I'm paranoid I'll screw up the srcdir, e.g. my changes will be
picked up by the post-update hook script. I assume that has to be run
manually by the admin, but still.
So if whomever is familiar with ikiwiki could give me some quick
pointers, I'd appreciate it. I can set up ikiwiki locally for testing,
and may do that anyway. But as I started to set it up on another web
server, I began to realize how silly it was to make a cloned version of
the site somewhere else on the web, and then ask Robert (or anyone else
interested in working on it) to clone that version.