[Freedombox-discuss] Web Interface for Retroshare.

Hi James,

After our discussions about the possibility of Retroshare being included in the Freedom Box,
I just wanted to point you at Alex's efforts at building a Web Front End for libretroshare.

https://github.com/public/rsweb

As far as I understand it - it is a C++ web server, which runs libretroshare in parallel thread(s).
and Alex has used jansson to provide a JSON data interface to libretroshare.

While it is far from complete, You can login and chat to other Retroshare users, as well as I believe? see file-listings and forum posts.
So the core fundamentals of the interfacing have been demonstrated - there is just a lot of work to get equivalent functionality of the Qt Version.

(@Alex: can you give a bit more of an indepth run-down of rsweb's status & technologies used)

------

The retroshare team doesn't have a huge amount of development resources (or the skills) to continue Alex's work at any great pace.

We were hoping there might be some freedombox subscribers  with Web Development + JavaScript skills,
who might be interested in helping Alex turn RsWeb into a fully functioning Interface.
We will do all we can to support anyone that helps us with this project!

Hope this helps the FreedomBox effort.

Best Regards,

DrBob.