[Freedombox-discuss] Erlang

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 03:03 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 11-06-21 at 12:47am, Timur Mehrvarz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 22:05 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > Beware, though, that only software officially part of Debian makes
> > > sense to consider for inclusion in FreedomBox.
> >
> > Is this really true?
>
> It is indeed my truth, yes.
>

> > GPL, sure. But officially part of Debian sounds a bit like an
> > obstacle.
>
> If license comply with Debian Free Software Guidelines (which GPL does)
> then no obstacle, just a step in the process.

I think what you were saying is that only software can be considered for
inclusion, that is officially part of Debian ... by the time FreedomBox
will be released (and not as of today, which is how I read it).
Some needed software may not even exist yet. And some other parts may
live outside of Debian, currently, but could be brought in.