[Freedombox-discuss] NYT: USA financing "Internet Suitcase"

Hear hear!

The powers that be will do anything in their power to maintain their
hegemony. This includes shutting down both terrestrial and satellite
communications systems. We must design systems which uses existing
infrastructure when they must, but take every opportunity to route
packets locally. I call this 'opportunistic peer-to-peer'.

I wonder if anybody on this list would be interested in collaborating on
a software project that makes such opportunistic sharing dead simple? I
am applying for a block of IPv6 space to assist with this endeavour,
under the auspices of the Free Network Foundation.
(www.freenetworkfoundation.org) Broadly, the idea is that each
freedombox would have a unique address, and that those freedomboxes with
outboard network connections would host a distributed hash table for
routing. Let me know if you have any interest in assisting with this
endeavour, or know of any similar technologies.

take care,
imw