[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox-discuss Digest, Vol 8, Issue 63

On 3/12/11 10:17 AM, Chris Troutner wrote:
> Good suggestion Russ! I never thought of the Chumby. It's already an
> open source linux hardware platform. With a lot of hacking it could
> definately be turned into a Freedombox.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to turn a Chumby One into a FreedomBox. It's not a
particularly high-powered hardware platform - 64MB RAM, 454Mhz ARM CPU.
And a lot of the zero-sysadmin comes from that it's basically just a
Flash Lite player.

But, I agree there are a lot of lessons to be learned from it.

l.m.orchard at pobox.com
http://decafbad.com
{web,mad,computer} scientist