[Freedombox-discuss] FOAF developers taking FreedomBox into their equation

On 03/11/2011 05:22 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> (a) infinite recursion, in the case where the web server's cert itself
>> contains a WebID-style URI, or
>
> It is only infinite if we allow it to be.  I suspect resolvers of
> classical (flawed!) hierarchical SSL/TLS chained certs also put a limit
> on the amount of intermediary certificates before reaching the root is
> allowed before giving up.
>
> Similarly I imagine we can decide (despite the protocol itself having no
> such limit) to not _bother_ resolve trust chains longer that e.g. 3
> levels - or "hops" or "degrees" in some other lingo.

I don't think we're talking about the same infinite recursion here.  But
i clearly seem to be having difficulty explaining this point in a
comprehensible way. :/  Perhaps someone else who sees it can take a stab
at clarifying?

	--dkg