[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku
- From: email@example.com (Luca Dionisi)
- Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 23:35:45 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] AANLkTimOZxm2ZX9ZiN0jz1-zxLStat2Fyr7J_659biZx@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20110304211037.GA27096@scru.org>
- References: <AANLkTik37fkvA4YJQZ0ahwW2F=Rw7CQg+ZWfCsr1TmXB@mail.gmail.com> <20110218204029.GS7245@jones.dk> <AANLkTimCVOTHBSyyVA91fjm-2iOmJ8UGeqfV3jAK3B+E@mail.gmail.com> <20110218211155.GU7245@jones.dk> <AANLkTinQvEceWLuTB==2HazPM4F8ceBD-GvUZGiYTBzS@mail.gmail.com> <20110218220327.GV7245@jones.dk> <AANLkTinxavr0mUfQuHAA7_PQ_LkF2d-NhH-FP1a0om18@mail.gmail.com> <20110226180821.GE7245@jones.dk> <AANLkTi=g=fesuG8C7wHV9Najqw7jvqdCz-CoXSWKhLfV@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTi=69A_hA_jW0qK9Hp1Sc50ZLndnH5FVnjardOGJ@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 20110304211037.GA27096@scru.org>
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Clint Adams <clint at debian.org> wrote:
> [setting MFT to netsukuku list]
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 11:42:51PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
>> A port to another language would not be a huge effort per se.
>> The choice on Stackless Python has been made mainly because it offers
>> the ability to run tasklets, a sort of very light weight threads.
>> The program can spawn a large number of them without suffering from
>> big overhead on memory and cpu.
> After looking at several distributed naming system designs, I
> have come to the conclusion that Netsukuku's ANDNA is the only
> viable extant option unless someone wants to rewrite I2P in
> something other than Java.
> However, it appears that it would be somewhat difficult to
> get into Debian. ?So I ask with extreme ignorance:
> Could Netsukuku be used equally well with greenlet instead
> of Stackless Python?
If it has support for coroutines, probably yes.
> Could Netsukuku be used equally well with GNUTLS instead
> of OpenSSL?
Don't know. Why this question?