First time font packager questions

I would like to package the Adobe Source Sans 3 fonts and maintain them going forward.

The upstream source is at:

https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-sans/tree/main

My interest is mostly because one of these fonts is used by the Electrum package, which I maintain.

In doing so, I would like to join the Debian fonts team.  My Salsa username is soren.

I have read over the information at:

https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/PackagingPolicy

https://github.com/rbrito/fonts-policy/blob/master/fonts_policy.mdwn

This font builds using the Adobe Font Development Kit for OpenType (AFDKO), which I haven’t yet spent any time digging into. If anyone has any experience with it or has any pointers that might not be obvious to me I would appreciate the guidance.

In terms of naming of the source package, the following are three possibilities:

fonts-adobe-sourcesans3

fonts-adobe-source-sans3

fonts-adobe-source-sans-3

Does anyone have any strong opinion as to which would be best?

--

Soren Stoutner

soren@debian.org