Re: considering Atkinson hyperlegible font?

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 4:54 PM Joris wrote:

> The Braille institute has released a "hyper legible" font. Could you please consider it for packaging?

If you would like to work on this, please take a look at this page:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> The download from the webpage comes with this license: https://www.brailleinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Atkinson-Hyperlegible-Font-License-2020-1104.pdf
> IANAL, but I'm not sure it meets the DFSG.

This looks like a modified version of the SIL OFL, so it might be free
enough, although I would strongly suggest to the Braille Institute
they should use a standard license instead of a slightly modified
version of it.

In addition the reserved font name requirement means that Debian
cannot rebuild the font from source without renaming the font, which
would be annoying for Debian users.

> The font itself is distributed as plain, italic, bold and bolditalic, in otf/eot/svg/ttf/woff/woff2 at https://www.brailleinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/atkinson-hyperlegible-font/Atkinson-Hyperlegible-Font-Print-and-Web-2020-0514.zip

This appears to be missing the font source.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise