Re: Comments regarding fonts-cherrybomb_3.00-1_amd64.changes

Hello Gürkan,

On Mon 27 Apr 2020 at 10:29AM +02, Gürkan Myczko wrote:

> Good morning,
>
>> I'd like to ask for confirmation that documentation/img/* are in their
>> preferred forms for modification.
>
> I guess the gif is generated from the two png images.
> The pngs are easily generatable using some imagemagick command line
> script,
> if you know Japanese (which I don't), an example generating some
> graphics
> from text can be found here:
> http://shell.aiei.ch/typography/
>
> I can easily repack the source package dropping them.
>
>>  The files look to have been created
>> with Adobe ImageReady and Adobe Photoshop, so upstream may have a
>> source file for these which is not included in their releases?
>
> If you run file documentation/* you see that the .ai files are just
> PDF documents, just like hte .pdf files. And the *.txt files seem
> to generate the PDFs... without build scripts.
>
>> Similarly, how can I produce documentation/*.pdf from the *.txt files?
>> We need to be able to do that using tools already in the archive.
>
> above referenced makespecimen shell script could be used to create a
> build
> system for the pdf documents, i don't feel it's worth my time doing so
> (see later
> repackaging question)

Well, we don't even know that the makespecimen script is DFSG-free, so
yes I think repacking is the right answer here.  I will REJECT the
current version pending repack.

>> Finally, are the *.otf *.ttf files buildable from the other files in
>> the package?
>
> Since quite some time, I'm only building OTF preferrably over TTF from
> source,
> as you can see in debian/rules, the otfs are built:
>
>          glyphs2ufo sources/CherryBomb-Regular.glyphs
>          ufo2otf sources/CherryBomb-Regular.ufo

I don't know much about fonts.

Are you saying that both the .otf and the .ttf files in the source
package can be built from the .glyphs and .ufo files present there?

> Shall we repack source package dropping fonts/ and ver2.50/, and maybe
> documentation/ also?

You don't need to drop the files that you know you can rebuild.

So I think the only thing to drop is documentation/.

--
Sean Whitton