Re: fonts-agave_35-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Am 2020-12-08 07:12, schrieb Gürkan Myczko:
Welcome, meanwhile I added this link to wiki.d.o/F/M:
https://repology.org/projects/?search=fonts%3A&maintainer=&category=&inrepo=&notinrepo=debian_unstable&repos=&families=&repos_newest=&families_newest=

Alright, but what do I see here? Fonts that are packaged elsewhere but not yet in Debian?

It really is intersting, worth a read:
https://b.agaric.net/page/agave

This is exactly what made me excited about the font! It is designed with strict mathematical logic in mind. The restrictions (every length is a power of 2, every ratio is the golden ratio) may seem arbitrary, but sometimes you achieve the best results for your project if the boundaries are clear from the beginning (c.f. Chocolate Doom).

And thanks for fonts-ocr-b (my previous favourite terminal font). Is the
situation about their ocr-a source unchanged? My package fonts-ocr-a
hasn't gotten any updates, I've tried to compare glyphscount on yours
and mine, and I thought yours had more (but I'd need to recheck)

I am afraid nothing has changed there yet, license wise. I am not even sure anymore what was the problem with the OCR-A sources in the first place...

Cheers,

 - Fabian