Re: Free font for Linux

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:12 PM Кондратий Леновин wrote:

> I made a new font called "MNTch-Script".

Where can we find the homepage and source repository for the font?

Could you say something about how you created this font? Based on the
font metadata it looks like you created it in FontForge? Do you have
the source .sfd file somewhere?

> My font license: SIL Open Font License (OFL).

The font metadata does not mention the license, please add it in the
license fields.

Is the copyright holder in the font metadata your nickname or your
full name in Latin script? If it is not a nickname I suggest adding a
space in the middle. I also suggest including your full name in
Cyrillic too.

> I made a free font for barcodes.

Interesting, could you say something about how this would be used? Are
there any existing barcode fonts in Debian?

> Please add my font to Debian 11 to be able to use barcodes in Linux. I made this font for Linux.

There are several options for getting it into Debian:

You could file a Request For Package (RFP) and wait for someone else
to package it:

https://wiki.debian.org/RFP

You could file an Intent To Package (ITP), then package it and then
file a Request For Sponsor (RFS):

https://wiki.debian.org/ITP
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto