Re: RFC: Eliminate old "ttf-" font packages

Hi,

在 2020-06-14星期日的 01:21 +0900,Hideki Yamane写道:
> Hi,
>
>  I've checked old "ttf-" font packages to eliminate it during this
>  "bullseye" cycle as much as possible. Please give a comment.

> --------------------
> > ttf-freefarsi (1.0.0~beta1-7)
> > ttf-georgewilliams (20031023-2)
> > ttf-isabella (1.202-1)
> > ttf-jsmath (0.090709+0-3)
>
> It is already transitional package in oldstable, and checked for
> dependencies
> so we can remove it safely :)
>

> > ttf-dejavu (2.37-1)
> > ttf-dejavu-core (2.37-1)
> > ttf-dejavu-extra (2.37-1)
>
> It is already transitional package in oldstable, so we should remove
> it.
> Unfortunately, several package does not consider its transition, so
> we should
> check reverse dependencies. "build-rdeps" and "apt rdepends" are your
> friends
> (Thanks to Boyuan Yang). Let's fix all pacakges for ttf-dejavu*
> dependencies.

That's mainly my part of work. By now I think all reverse dependencies
and build-dependencies to ttf-dejavu* have been dealt and we should see
fonts-dejavu/2.37-2 migrate to Testing soon. There are several reverse
suggest/recommend relationship left and please feel free to report bugs
and/or make uploads to deal with those leftovers.

> > ttf-ancient-fonts (2.60-1)
> > ttf-ancient-fonts-symbola (2.60-1)
>
> It is already transitional package in oldstable, so we can remove it.
> However, source package name is still ttf-, so it'd be better to
> rename it.

Renaming source package will have to go through the NEW queue so I
suggest this be done sooner rather than later.

> > ttf-aenigma (0.0.20080510.dfsg-2)
> > ttf-anonymous-pro (1.002-1)
> > ttf-bitstream-vera (1.10-8)
> > ttf-denemo (2.2.0-2)
> > ttf-engadget (1.001-1-2)
> > ttf-sjfonts (2.0.2-1.1)
> > ttf-staypuft (0.04-7)
> > ttf-summersby (1.007-9)
> > ttf-tagbanwa (1.010)
> > ttf-unifont (1:12.0.01-3)
> > ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.8) [contrib]
> > ttf-xfree86-nonfree (4.2.1-5) [non-free]
> > ttf-xfree86-nonfree-syriac (4.2.1-5) [non-free]
>
> Still ttf- package name, should be convert to fonts- and set it as
> transitional
> dummy package. Then, source package name is still ttf-, so it'd be
> better to
> rename it. And don't forget to check dependencies.
>
> Those transitional packages will be removed after "bookworm".

Ditto but some packages are not under the Fonts Team's umbrella (like
ttf-mscorefonts-installer); this may need some coordination.

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang