Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontconfig author and WOFF
- To: Jonas Smedegaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian pkg fonts devel <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontconfig author and WOFF
- From: Bobby de Vos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 17:49:01 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2017-09-29 16:53, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Bobby de Vos (2017-09-29 23:05:13)
>> On 2017-08-07 15:06, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>> Quoting Bobby de Vos (2017-08-07 16:31:18)
>>>> I don't feel like doing the second item unless there is consensus in
>>>> Debian. So I will do the (unlisted) fourth item which is not to ship
>>>> WOFF in Debian packages.
>>> Whoa, wait: I want fonts shipped and I want them kept together. But
>>> if I cannot have both, then I prefer the former over than none of
>> I can place the WOFF files (along with the .html and .css that need
>> the WOFF) in /usr/share/<package>/ since as you noted a while back
>> that documentation files should not rely on the existence of other
>> files in /usr/share/doc. However, that would contradict the fonts
>> packaging policy at https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/PackagingPolicy
> Yes: Keith and Fabian both suggest to violate our established Policy.
I have now updated the packaging for the Annapurna font (Debian
packaging version -4) to include the WOFF files in as discussed above.
Please take a look and let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Packaging files are located at
Bobby de Vos