[Pkg-fonts-devel] compression levels

Greetings,

In other font packaged for Debian I have seen

override_dh_builddeb:
    dh_builddeb -- -Zxz -Sextreme -z9

in the debian/rules file. The manpage for dpkg-deb says xz is the
default since dpkg 1.15.6. The manpage for xz says

it's not a good idea to blindly use -9 for everything like it often is
with gzip(1) and bzip2(1)

The xz manpage also says about the extreme option that

it's not a good idea to blindly use -9 for everything like it often is
with gzip(1) and bzip2(1)

So I was confused. Is the above fragment of the rules file recommended?

Thanks, Bobby

--
Bobby de Vos
/bobby_devos@sil.org/