Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge in the upcoming Debian release

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 12:29:05PM +0200, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As there was a release of FontForge yesterday, and I've been using
> upstream packaging for a while since ours is so much outdated, I thought
> about helping update the package to the latest release and uploading it
> to unstable. However, there are some questions about the current packaging:
>
> 1. Why is there an epoch (1:)? The previous versions don't seem to
> conflict with the current ones, is it really needed?

Good question.  I guess it's an artefact of intermediate versions that
haven't even been uploaded.

> 2. Is there anything that prevents the version of FontForge in
> experimental from going to unstable right now?

The new version causes a bunch of FTBFSes in other packages.

Logs from my last rebuild of build-rdeps:
https://angband.pl/tmp/ff10/failed/

Meow!
--
A MAP07 (Dead Simple) raspberry tincture recipe: 0.5l 95% alcohol, 1kg
raspberries, 0.4kg sugar; put into a big jar for 1 month.  Filter out and