Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge_20160404~dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Alteholz <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org> writes:

> Hi Vasudev,
>
> can you please take care of all those lintian warnings like:
>  W: fontforge source: file-without-copyright-information ...

There is no copyright on those files. So I've asked upstream to clarify
here ¹ and a related pull request is here ².

Earlier we asked upstream about the copyright related issue ³ and Dave
Crossland  from upstream mentioned that copyright for these files can be
collectively referenced as "The Fontforge Authors", I could have added a
wild card catch all with this information but that does not feel right
because its job of author to assign copyright and not of the packager.

So in short the issue is already notified to upstream and all these
files are collectively licensed as GPL-3 and copyrighted collectively as
"The Fontforge Authors".

Do the FTP Master still thinks its not correct to upload this package
till all copyrights are in place?.. (I'm not sure when that will happen
either).

¹ https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2732
² https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/pull/2735
³ https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2643