Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Package for Fira Sans and Fira Mono

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:

> I've created a package for the Fira Sans and Fira Mono fonts.  They are the
> new font for Mozilla Firefox OS and were created by Erik Spiekermann et.al.
> The license is SIL OFL Version 1.1.

I discovered that:

Mozilla are not distributing the source for these fonts. The source is
available though, see these sites:

http://www.donotlick.com/2014/05/23/try-out-fira-sans-a-free-open-source-typeface-commissioned-by-mozilla/
http://dev.carrois.com/fira-3-1/

The source can only be converted to a TrueType font using a
proprietary program that only runs on Macs. This means that Fira is
not suitable for Debian main and must be uploaded to Debian contrib
instead.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7793735
http://www.glyphsapp.com/

--