Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] open-font-design-toolkit is marked for autoremoval from testing

On 11/05/2014 05:57 PM, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 02:25:32PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Quoting Nicolas Spalinger (2014-05-06 13:45:44)

>>> Since this is intended to be a meta-package (an empty package which
>>> pulls in various other packages) what would work best?
>>
>> I believe this is best:
>>
>>   * Use "Depends:" generally, and keep the list up-to-date.
>>   * Use "Recommendends:" if available only on a subset of Debian
>>     architectures.
>
> Hello fonts folks,
>
> Does anyone have any plans to get open-font-design-toolkit into a state for release in jessie?
>
> Currently it is blocked on RC bugs in fontmatrix (missing sources) and zpb-ttf (maintainers email
> address fails).
>
> Would it be sufficient to "Recommends:" on those? Or would it be necessary to remove the dependencies
> on those for the package that goes in jessie?
>
> zpb-ttf is effectively orphaned so I could upload a package to change maintainer to the team. But the
> version 0.7-2 is way behind the current version 1.0.3 . Would we really want 0.7 in jessie? I think we
> should just remove the dependency and upload zpb-ttf with changed maintainer to experimental.
>
> I think it is worth trying to sort out the missing sources for fontmatrix and fix that RC bug.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for looking into this!
It would be great to have this package available in Jessie.

I agree that removing the dependencies to cl-zpb-ttf is a good idea.
And just moving fontmatrix to Recommends:

I have lacked the time to properly take care of this (meta)package. Sorry about that.
But I have compiled a more complete list of tools to help with open font design on http://ofdk.open-fonts.org/

Thanks,

- --
Nicolas