[Pkg-fonts-devel] defoma, fontconfig and oldish font packages

Hi,

I’ve set fontforge on hold for now since it started
conflicting with defoma, which is a bit irritating
because I had, for the business, to locally package
a font we purchased, so we can use/deploy it on all
company desktops. I’ve originally done so for lenny
and hardy, so the defoma use was a requirement, and
I just used that package on wheezy/sid too.

Why does fontforge Conflicts: defoma now?

If I absolutely have to repackage that font, which
Debian font source package(s) would you recommend
me to use as example/template? The font in question
(ttf-museo-sans) originally came as a bunch of OTF
files, but we had the Foundry give us a TTF variant
where the weights were identified differently, since
OOo had trouble with the OTF ones; I don’t know how
far along the OTF support in recent Debian is, so I’m
at a bit of loss what to do now (the current/old .deb
I made ships both but only registers the TTF files
with defoma).

Thanks in advance for any advice,
//mirabilos
--