[Pkg-fonts-devel] override: fontforge-dbg:debug/extra [was: Re: fontforge override disparity]

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

On 03/14/2012 01:43 AM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
Quoting Debian FTP Masters (ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org):
There are disparities between your recently accepted upload and the
override file for the following file(s):

fontforge-dbg_0.0.20120101+git-1_i386.deb: package says priority is extra, override says optional.

For samba, we use "extra" for the -dbg package and there's no
override, so my first guess is that the override should be changed and
we should report that (I try to keep up with these override
disparities when I see some).

I agree, the override should change -- debug material is lower priority than directly-functional code, and should be "extra"

If you'd like an Argument-by-Authority:

 http://lintian.debian.org/tags/debug-package-should-be-priority-extra.html

This e-mail should create the appropriate bug report to get the override fixed.

	--dkg